Crestwood Environmental Ltd. is a well-established multi-disciplinary company providing environmental planning and associated expertise (including EIA, landscape architecture, ecology, archaeology, arboriculture and environmental consultancy) to a wide variety of sectors and clients, and is proud to be a Chartered Environmentalist Employer Champion.
We currently have an Assistant Ecologist job vacancy, join our successful multi-disciplinary team to further your career.
Supported by a strong team of dedicated professionals and an ever-increasing client base plus impressive work stream, all of the ingredients are there for the right person to join our company and build a successful career.
Part-home-working and flexibility on location, but preferably located within the Midlands.
The role will require the undertaking of habitat (PEA, Phase 1 habitat surveys) and protected species survey work, report writing, desktop studies, working with sub-contractors and a variety of other important work areas.
The successful candidate wil lbe able to demonstrate suitability in relation to several areas, including a number of the following:
Qualified to at least degree level in a relevant environmental subject;
Minimum of 1 years' relevant practical ecology experience in ecology consultancy;
A good practical understanding of habitat and species survey techniques;
Having or working towards protected species survey licence(s);
Good proactive communication, time managment and organisation skills;
Good customer care awareness;
Attention to detail; and
Friendly, supportive, collaborative, 'can do' approach.
As the role requires working on projects around the UK, a full UK driving licence and ability and willingness to drive to proejct locations around the UK, sometimes with overnight stays, will be required.
In return, the Company can offer:
• Bonus opportunities and other financial incentives;
• A commitment to facilitating a Personal Development Plan (PDP) via training and CPD;
• Payment of key professional membership subscription fees;
• A 'wellness contribution' payable as an expense for promotion of wellbeing;
• Access to the Healthcare Scheme (including dependent children) and benefits;
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP);
• Access to our Electric Vehicle (EV) scheme (Salary Sacrifice) via Octopus EV; and
• Discounts on various outlets (e.g. gym membership) via out retained third-party provider.