Crestwood Environmental Ltd. is a well-established multi-disciplinary company with international backing and connections, providing environmental planning and associated expertise (including landscape architecture, ecology, archaeology, geo-environmental, arboriculture and environmental consultancy) and is proud to be a Chartered Environmentalist Employer Champion.
We are currently seeking a Lead Arboricultural Consultant to join our friendly professional team of consultants. The role will involve taking the lead in providing a range of arboricultural surveys and producing technical outputs on a wide range of projects for a wide range of clients, with opportunities to work all over the UK (and beyond).
In particular, the provision of tree surveys, arboricultural impact assessments, arboricultural method statements etc. to BS5837:2012 will be required. Others such as tree condition surveys, ancient /veteran tree surveys and asset management surveys are also provided. Other associated additional skills or areas that the candidate wishes to pursue will be welcomed.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to springboard their arboricultural career, put into practice their learnings and ideas, create a long-term future and grow alongside and with the support from a Company and a strong team of dedicated and friendly professionals.
The provision of tree surveys, arboricultural impact assessments, arboricultural method statements etc. to BS5837:2012 will be required. Others such as tree condition surveys, ancient /veteran tree surveys and asset management surveys are also provided. Other associated additional skills or areas that the candidate wishes to pursue will be welcomed.
A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate suitability in relation to several areas, including:
• Qualification to at least RQF Level 5 or higher in Arboriculture or a related discipline or equivalent experience;
• Good knowledge and understanding of tree, fungi, and pathogen identification;
• Lantra Professional Tree Inspection Certificate holder
• Professional level membership (or above) of the Arboricultural Association, or at least 7 years commercial experience working in arboricultural consultancy;
• Ability to advise clients confidently, undertake tree surveys, assessments, method statements and supervision, and produce associated outputs in accordance with BS 5837:2012;
• Familiarity with relevant Health and Safety at Work requirements;
• Excellent and proactive communication and organisational skills;
• Good IT literacy (MS Office at least, ideally with drawing output capabilities too);
• Ability to produce concise, high quality, written work to managed timescales and budgets;
• Good time budgeting, and commercial and customer care awareness; and
• Friendly, supportive, collaborative, practical 'can do' approach.
Whilst relevant experience in consultancy is desirable applicants who can demonstrate experience in direct communication with clients and other stakeholders may be considered.
As the role requires working on projects around the UK, a full UK driving licence, access to a suitable vehicle for business purposes and ability and willingness to drive to project locations around the UK, sometimes with overnight stays, will be required.
In return, the Company can offer:
• Bonus opportunities and other financial incentives;
• A commitment to facilitating a Personal Development Plan (PDP) via training and CPD;
• Payment of key professional membership subscription fees;
• A 'wellness contribution' payable as an expense for promotion of wellbeing;
• Access to the Healthcare Scheme (including dependent children) and benefits;
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP);
• Access to our Electric Vehicle (EV) scheme (Salary Sacrifice) via Octopus EV; and
• Discounts on various outlets (e.g. gym membership) via out retained third-party provider.