Crestwood Environmental Ltd. is a well-established multi-disciplinary company, providing environmental planning and associated expertise (including landscape architecture, EIA, ecology, heritage, archaeology, geo-environmental and noise consultancy) and is proud to be a Chartered Environmentalist Employer Champion and a Registered Practice of the Landscape Institute.
We are currently seeking a Senior or Principal Landscape Architect or Landscape Planner to join our friendly professional team. The role will involve taking the lead in providing a range of landscape assessment, design, planning and management services plus EIA co-ordination and production of technical outputs on a wide range of projects for a wide range of clients, with opportunities to work all over the UK (and beyond).
In particular, the provision of LVIAs, landscape character assessments, green belt assessments, landscaping plans, LEMPs and associated advice to clients, plus co-ordination of sub-consultants will be required. Other associated additional skills or areas that the candidate wishes to pursue will be welcomed.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to springboard their career, put into practice their learnings and ideas, create a long-term future and grow alongside and with the support from a Company and a strong team of dedicated and friendly professionals. Full or part time will be considered.
A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate suitability in relation to several areas, including:
• Qualification to at least degree (equivalent) level in a relevant landscape or environmental subject;
• Good knowledge and understanding of the UK planning system, EIA Regulations and LVIA and associated photography guidance, and of working with associated disciplines;
• Chartered level membership (or close to being attained), or at least 5 years’ commercial experience working in a landscape or EIA practice;
• Experienced in (or proven ability to) proactively manage and undertake LVIAs, advise on mitigation options and produce associated report outputs;
• Willingness to undertake a wide variety of office and field-based work;
• Familiarity with relevant Health and Safety at Work requirements;
• Excellent and proactive communication (written, spoken and graphical) and organisational skills;
• Good IT literacy (ideally MS Office, AutoCAD, BricsCAD, GIS and Adobe apps);
• Ability to produce concise, high quality, written work to managed timescales and budgets;
• Good time budgeting, and commercial and customer care awareness;
• Willingness to work in a hybrid working environment; and
• A Friendly, supportive, collaborative, practical ‘can do’ approach.
As the role requires working on projects around the UK, a full UK driving licence, access to a suitable vehicle for business purposes and ability and willingness to drive to project locations around the UK, sometimes with overnight stays, will be required.
In return, the Company can currently offer:
• A competitive and flexible remuneration package commensurate with the position;
• Bonus opportunities and other financial incentives;
• A commitment to facilitating a Personal Development Plan (PDP) via training and CPD;
• Payment of key professional membership subscription fees;
• A ‘wellness contribution’ payable as an expense for promotion of wellbeing;
• Access to a Healthcare scheme (including dependent children) and benefits;
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP);
• Access to our Electric Vehicle (EV) scheme (Salary Sacrifice) via Octopus EV; and
• Discounts on various outlets (e.g. gym membership) via our retained third-party provider.
For an application form or to learn more please contact (in absolute confidence) Alyson Tunney (on 01902 229 563 or via HR@crestwoodenvironmental.co.uk) or, for an informal chat about the role, please call Karl Jones, quoting the job vacancy position.