Current Vacancies - Careers at Crestwood Environmental
Crestwood Environmental is currently implementing an exciting and dynamic business plan to develop the Company over the short to medium term and we realise that a consultancy’s capabilities, expertise and productivity are directly related to those of its personnel.
We encourage our staff to develop their careers and, of course, maintain a healthy work-life balance. One of the Company’s strongest assets is its amiable working environment and friendly atmosphere and we aim to attract, develop and retain staff of the highest calibre that will fit well with this ethos. We afford equal opportunities regardless of race, creed, colour, nationality, gender and disability.
The Company is always on the look-out for new additions to our team that will strengthen our skill set and develop alongside the Company and, in particular we are always keen to hear from experienced specialists looking at job vacancies in the following fields:
· Environmental Consultancy
· Environmental Permitting
· Environmental Monitoring
· CAD / Graphics
· Hydrology / Drainage Consultancy
· Lab Services
· Landscape Architecture
If you would like to discuss a career move to us, please call Sid or Karl on 01902 229 563 for an informal friendly chat or send a c.v. and covering letter to email@example.com.
Senior Environmental / Principal Environmental Consultant
Working on a variety of projects throughout the UK, from the Company’s offices in Wolverhampton, with a dedicated team of professionals, due to current workload and continued planned expansion we seek a Senior / Principal Environmental Consultant.
The role will centre on environmental permitting, air quality assessments and environmental regulation. There may also be an opportunity to work on planning applications and EIA-related work, depending on the skills of the individual.
The successful applicant will ideally:
Be qualified to a least degree level in an engineering or environmental or other relevant subject and have 5 years or more relevant work experience:
- Have a thorough understanding of the legislative framework behind environmental permitting assessments with relevant experience in the Environment Agency, Consultancy, Industry or Local Authority;
- Be able to project manage and prepare Environmental Permit applications for a variety of sites, including waste facilities and other developments subject to planning requirements;
- Significant experience in associated areas such as air quality, waste engineering , environmental monitoring and planning is beneficial;
- Experience managing a team of environmental professionals, including junior staff;
- Marketing and business development skills;
- Good communication skills and confident in liaising with the client and relevant regulatory bodies including the Environment Agency and Planning Authorities;
- Be a member of a relevant professional institution (e.g. CIWM, IEMA or IAQM) or be working towards full membership.
If you feel you could fill this position or offer other associated skills to an environmental consultancy please apply by sending an up‑to‑date CV and covering letter to the address below, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about this role, please call Alyson on the number below, quoting the above job vacancy position.
Landscape Architects (multiple positions up to Director Level)
Due to continued expansion and increasing workload we are looking to recruit experienced Landscape Architects at a number of levels based in our centrally located office in the West Midlands. The primary function of our landscape team is working with a well-established client base on LVIAs, landscape planning, mitigation design and planting schemes on a wide variety of projects throughout the UK.
We are looking for dynamic people who want to progress their career and help us to continue to grow our business. Applicants must have the ability to deliver projects and be excited by the prospect of seeking out new opportunities to strengthen and grow our landscape team within the market place. Commercial experience and confidence is essential to deliver projects to a high standard, reliably and efficiently.
We are seeking the right people with the following experience/skills at a number of levels to work within our small and dedicated landscape team:
- Undertaking LVIAs in a variety of sectors and to different scales of development;
- Working both as an individual and as part of a team of in-house experts in associated fields as well as managing networked associates;
- Experience of preparing fee quotes and working to budgets;
- Have strong report-writing skills, interpersonal skills and attention to detail;
- Good understanding of the UK planning system, EIA legislation and of working to latest best practice guidance;
- Between 5 and 15+ years’ experience of working in or towards similar roles;
- Demonstrate organisation, enthusiasm and self-motivation, with the ability to mentor and train more junior staff; and
- Be a Chartered Member of the Landscape Institute.
Roles will involve site work across the UK and therefore a full UK driving licence is required.
An attractive fully negotiable package is available to successful candidates, commensurate with past experience.
For further details and more about us see the careers section of our website
To apply, please send your CV, short covering letter and work samples (both written and graphics work) via email to: Alyson@crestwoodenvironmental.co.uk
Senior Consultant (Heritage and Archaeology):
An exciting opportunity for a Senior Consultant (Heritage and Archaeology) to lead the provision of established archaeological and heritage-related services for the Company with a long-term prospect to develop both the service (alongside a multi-disciplinary professional team) and the position, within the Company.
This is a full time role based in the West Midlands.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of British archaeology, and cultural and built heritage, and of the related principles and best practices.
- Experience of preparing DBA’s and related appraisals of land and heritage assets for development led projects including requisite research and more detailed assessments and related impact assessments such as ES chapters.
- Thorough practical knowledge and understanding of current legislation, planning and EIA matters (and related policies) particularly relating to archaeology and heritage matters.
- Proven WSI writing skills in relation to all aspects of archaeological fieldwork and experience of monitoring on-site works and of reviewing contractor outputs.
- Ability to manage sub-consultants and archaeological investigations (of various scales and complexities).
- Well-developed cost-effective, concise and analytical report writing skills.
- Experience of providing fee proposals, and consultancy advice in a cost-effective manner, via proactive budget management, within a well-informed market conditions context.
- Confident and effective liaison and communication skills, specifically with clients, planning officers, other consultants, consultees and stakeholders.
- Ability and willingness to proactively manage, mentor and develop emerging staff.
- Evident self-motivation and active desire to lead, market and develop the heritage service in line with an agreed business strategy.
- MCIfA level membership of the CIfA.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in archaeology or a related heritage qualification.
- IT literate (MS Office at least).
- Proven ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Organised and able to consistently meet required deadlines.
- Willingness to adapt to varying situations.
- A full UK driving licence and ability and willingness to drive to project locations around the UK.
Working on a variety of projects throughout the UK, from the Company’s offices in Wolverhampton, with a dedicated team of professionals, due to current workload and continued planned expansion we seek a Senior Ecologist.
This full-time permanent role will involve assisting in the development of ecological services provided by the Company. Work will include leading the undertaking and production of habitat and species surveys, mitigation schemes, ecological impact assessments, habitat management plans and input into landscape designs on a variety of projects.
The successful applicant will ideally:
- Be commercially-aware with good all round knowledge of practical and legal aspects of ecology;
- Have experience at undertaking Extended Phase 1 Habitat and Protected Species Surveys;
- Have excellent report-writing skills;
- Be a protected species survey licence holder (preferably to include a Bat Licence) and have experience of protected species mitigation schemes and development licence applications;
- Be qualified to at least degree level in an environmental subject and have proven experience at managing other ecological staff and contractors on a number of projects;
- Be a full member of a relevant professional institution (e.g. CIEEM) and have at least 5 years’ relevant experience.
If you feel you meet the above requirements, or feel you can offer the Company other relevant experience and skills, please submit your CV with a covering letter outlining your salary expectations and any supporting documentation which you feel may be of interest. An attractive package will be made available to successful candidates, commensurate with experience.
To find out more about this role, or for an informal chat, please call Lucy on the 01902 229 563, quoting the above job vacancy position.
To apply to any of the above, please send an up-to-date CV and covering letter to Alyson, quoting the above job vacancy position, via email to email@example.com or to the address below:
FAO: Alyson Tunney
Units 1 and 2
Pendeford Business Park
Tel: 01902 229 563
Visit CJ to find more conservation and environment jobs.To apply, please state which position you are applying for and send your CV, short covering letter and work samples (both written and graphics work) via email to: Alyson@crestwoodenvironmental.co.uk